Helping Christine Ann
Our goal is to help keep families in our community safe, and it is with the help of our very own community that we can make this happen.
It takes a TON of work to keep our shelter tidy and cozy. Do you LOVE to organize? Want to offer a class on jewelry making, belly dancing, cooking...? Need a team building outing? We have a variety of volunteer opportunities, contact us at info@ChristineAnn.net or call (920) 235-5998.
Areas to Volunteer:
- Children's Program - from individual and group art prjects to respite
- Shelter organization - it's a big space!
- Grounds Upkeep/Maintenance - don't you just love the smell of fresh cut lawn?
- Group Projects - what an awesome way to band together and do something great in our community!
- Internships/Work Study
- Special Events - we are always looking for voluteers for Men Who Cook and Race for the Lights
- Administrative Support
Donating to Christine Ann
Gifts to Christine Ann Domestic Abuse Services, Inc. can be made at any time with your credit card. Your payment will be securely processed by PalPal (PayPal account not required).
Donating items to Christine Ann
Thank you! As a non-profit organization, we rely soley on the generous contributions from the community to support our shelter and outreach programs.
As a reminder, we cannot accept used clothing. However; we have a special collaboration with Goodwill Industries, St. Vincent DePaul and the Community Clothes Closet, when you donate on behalf of Christine Ann our clients are able to shop at their stores for the items they need.
Receive Our Monthly Shelter and Program Needs Email
updated as of 6/23/16
Our Top Needs (in bold):
Updated as of July 10, 2016
- Grocery or Walmart gift cards Many clients do not qualify for financial assistance (on paper) yet because their abuser controlled the money they cannot afford to buy prescriptions or groceries. (Our families prepare and provide their own food which can sometimes be financially challenging)
- LED lightbulbs
- Lowe's Gift cards (and we'll buy the lightbulbs-FYI Lowe's has been a very generous partner)
- Large Rubbermaid-type bins to help us keep our space organized
- Baby monitors so mom’s can leave the room when their little ones are napping.
- Gas cards, often times the abuser will cut off all access to finances as a means of control.
- Towels –all sized bath towels
- Kitchen towels and dish cloths
- Twin, Full, Queen sheet sets
- Crock Pots
- Pots and Pans
- Dish Sets
- Silverware sets
- Microwaves (can be used)
- Art supplies for adults (such as Mandala Coloring books) and kids. In an abusive home everyone is so focused on the abuser’s needs that many times moms and kids haven’t had quality bonding time, our family dynamics program give mom’s time to reconnect with their children. We find that through art children open up and are able to start to cope with what they’ve been going through.
- Bean bag chair (for our kids' areas)
- Size 6 diapers (at this time we only need size 6)
- Boom box or wireless speaker (for use with our children's programs, music helps relax the mood!)
- Britta, Pure... or a 5 gallon stand alone water cooler (the one you thought you would use but never do)
- New TWIN matteress (so kids have a warm bed as our families are transitioning out on their own)
- Paper products: TP and paper towel
- Frozen meats
- Allergy medications
- Sun Screen
- Brooms w/dust pans
- Dish soap
- Disinfecting spray
- Child safety gates
- Outlet covers
- Rugs/Floor Rugs
- Storage containers
- Shower curtains
- Soap dispensers
- Hand soap
- Toothbrush holders
- Comforter sets (twin/full)
- End Tables
- TV’s (used flat screen-no tube tvs)
- High Chairs
- Table and Chairs
- Beds (twin, full, queen)
Please contact us (920) 235-5998 to schedule a donation drop off or possible pick up of larger items.